4/10/2021 Greenvago is the Winner of the Call for Ideas “IA, Blockchain, Big Data: la valorizzazione del territorio passa dall’innovazione” launched by Visit Piemonte !
GreenVaGo is a travel meta search engine that guides tourists towards the environmentally sustainable solution of their travel choices.
It works like this:
• Choose your itinerary (where, when, how many people);
• Select a means of transport;
• Select if you need an accommodation facility;
• Our platform rates your travel sustainability: TRAVEL RATING is based on CO2 emissions, eco-footprint, impact waste, water use, seasonality. The result is represented as a dashboard made by 8 class from G to A+. G class is an unfair travel with big CO2 emissions and unsustainable eco-footprint. A+ is the best rating, that means low
emissions thanks to eco-transport and a sustainable accommodation;
• In the results page customers can sort the choices by price or travel rating (this is the first step to make a sustainable choice);
• Use filters to reduce your impact (CO2 emissions, plastic free, local food, electric shuttles, free cancellation, Green Stars);
• Then choose your accommodation, paying attention to the GREEN STARS: all kind of accommodation facilities can upload their eco-sustainability and social certification and obtaining up to 5 stars (1-5) according to their environmental and social regard.
HOW MUCH IMPACT HAVE YOUR HOLIDAYS on the planet?
TAKE THIS SURVEY BELOW:
More stars mean more visibility on platforms and best matches on customers choices. Obviously, sleeping in a 5 green stars help to increase your personal Travel Rating;
After you’ve selected your options, our search engine will help you to increase your Travel Rating suggesting for example low carbon means of transport, off peak season and a more sustainable tourist accommodation.
GreenVaGo’s advises helps everybody to enjoy travels in a more sustainable way.
There are 3 main pillars to create a virtuous circle between customers (BtoC) and dealers (BtoB):
Travel Rating, Green stars and GreenVaGo advices.